Center of Southwest Studies

Collection  M 001:

The Peace Pipe (Vol. 1, No. 1)
1962 June 29, page 1, from the 

Fort Lewis College Archives

Start Previous image Next image End

This was the first (and we suspect the only) issue of a newspaper published by the former Office of Information and Services on June 29, 1962 to tell the story of two summer workshops held on the Fort Lewis College campus for Bureau of Indian Affairs instructional aides and food-service personnel.

2001 Center of Southwest Studies, Fort Lewis College
All rights reserved (click here for Property Rights Statement).

1000 Rim Dr., Durango, CO 81301-3999 ~ Phone 970-247-7126 ~ Fax 970-247-7422

Page last modified: November 04, 2002